If you suspect an emergency, you MUST follow the below steps:
1. Login to the AskVet app, choose your pet, and select ‘Connect with Care Squad’. Enter the information about your concern, attach any relevant images or videos, and choose ‘Live Chat’.
2. When you chat with the AskVet veterinarian, they will determine if an ER visit is required. It is at the discretion of our vets to decide if your pet needs immediate care and qualifies for the Rainy Day Fund. Each situation is unique, and determining the urgency depends heavily on condition, breed, age, weight and other factors. You must get approval from an AskVet veterinarian PRIOR to admitting your pet into the Emergency clinic if you want to use your Rainy Day Fund.
3. After the vet confirms that an ER visit is needed, you must check into an emergency clinic within 10 hours to access your Rainy Day Fund. You can go to any vet clinic of your choice, as long as the clinic can handle your type of emergency. It does not have to be a dedicated ER Hospital.
4. At the ER clinic, check your pet in for care as normal.
5. When the visit is complete, ask the clinic front desk staff to call the toll-free AskVet RDF Helpline (855-427-5838), available 24/7, to confirm your eligibility and review the charges. Upon review and approval, AskVet will provide payment directly to the clinic in the amount of your Rainy Day Fund balance, or the available amount you request – up to $1,000. You can access the AskVet RDF Helpline at any time from your Rainy Day Fund button in the app menu.
Please note – you must have an active live chat with an AskVet veterinarian, who gave direction to visit an emergency clinic, prior to visiting the ER clinic in order to access your Rainy Day Fund. We cannot provide payment for your ER bill unless you have consulted with an AskVet veterinarian and they have determined you need an emergency vet visit.